If you’ve made the decision to have breast augmentation and selected a plastic surgeon you are comfortable with, an in-office consultation is the next step. Breast augmentation has the potential to change your life for the better, but you need to be well-informed to make the right decisions. So it’s important to know what you should expect during your breast augmentation consultation.
The breast augmentation consultation with your plastic surgeon should make you aware of all the possibilities breast enhancement has to offer. It is the perfect opportunity to find out if breast augmentation is really the right option for you.
What should you expect during your breast augmentation consultation?
Remember that your consultation is a two-way conversation, so take along a list of all the questions you would like your plastic surgeon to answer. Also, be certain to verify the credentials and experience of the plastic surgeon.
During the consultation the plastic surgeon will also:
- Review your medical history.
- Perform an examination of your breasts and take detailed measurements.
- Discuss your aesthetic goals and expectations about breast augmentation surgery.
- Explain the different types of breast implants and review the options available e.g. silicone vs saline implants and round vs teardrop shaped implants.
- Discuss breast augmentation surgery in detail.
- Review benefits, risks and recovery timeline.
- Discuss costs and financing options.
Some plastic surgeons utilize computerized 3D enhancement solutions that give patients an idea of how their breasts will look after surgery.
Are you ready to meet with a plastic surgeon to discuss breast augmentation? Search our directory to find a practice in your area.
If you are in the Orange County area, contact board certified plastic surgeon Kyle Song MD in Irvine, CA for a consultation.
You can reach Dr. Song at www.kylesongmd.com, or by calling (949) 528-8213.