If you’re considering a mommy makeover to reverse some of the changes brought on by childbearing, you’re on the right track. Mommy makeover surgery can definitely help you get back your pre-baby shape, but is there an ideal age for a mommy makeover, or can it be done at any age.
Mommy makeover surgery involves procedures that focus on rejuvenating the breasts and tummy, which are the areas normally affected by pregnancy. After childbearing the breasts often lose shape and become deflated, while the tummy also gets out-of-shape. The procedures normally included in mommy makeover surgery are:
- Breast augmentation – to add volume and fullness to deflated breasts.
- Breastlift – to lift sagging breasts.
- Tummy tuck – to tone and tighten the abdominal region.
- Liposuction – to eliminate unwanted fat.
Is there an ideal age for a mommy makeover?
When it comes to mommy makeover surgery it’s not so much a matter of age as it is timing, and the best time to have surgery will depend on several factors including:
- If you have finished breastfeeding. Doctors generally advise patients to wait at least 6 months after breastfeeding before doing a mommy makeover.
- If you are done having children. Here again, doctors recommend having mommy makeover surgery after you’ve finished having kids, because a future pregnancy can alter the changes.
- Your current health status. Candidates for a mommy makeover should be in good health and reasonably fit. Patients that are fit and close to their ideal body weight generally get better results and recover faster,
Clients in Schaumburg, IL, can contact board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Paul C. Dillon to learn more about mommy makeover surgery.
Call our office today at1-888-289-3781 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Dillon.